Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inVisit us on Facebook and give us a like!!Come Follow us on TwitterPlug.dj ChannelCome follow us on Tumblr
Anime United: Discord
If you have been enjoying the forum, come check out our discord.

You can chat with the other members casually in text or voice chats as well as keep up to date on anything going on.

So what are you waiting for, click HERE and come join our discord community!

Recollections Of A Shattered Past

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenkai Bushinji
Head Roleplay Moderator
Tenkai Bushinji

Race : Vaizard
Class : Eagle Eye
Reiatsu : 173000
Strength : 200
Stamina : 200
Speed : 220
Reiryoku : 180
Perception : 215
Reiryoku Speed : 200

Recollections Of A Shattered Past Empty
PostSubject: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 2:39 am

Returning to his quarters Tenkai slowly shut the door behind him. He sat himself behind his fine mahogany desk, engraved with the symbol of his proud squad upon it. A large stack of papers sat to the edge of his desk, work he was late in doing. That was however the way it always was, never one for paperwork, that was for certain. Knowing full well that now was as good a time as any to attempt putting a dent in it, he couldn't find the effort within himself. This brooding sorrow that welled up within his soul, eating away at his very being. It was something that he carried with him for the last three hundred years. Though he knew he sat alone in his office, with night slowly falling. His mind began to bring him back to better days.

A gentle breeze blew through the window wafting his hair lightly as the sun slowly began to rise. He stood at his window, his arm wrapped gently around the woman standing next to him. Their warmth mingling as one as the smell of cherry blossoms loomed in the air. the feeling that presided within him was raw happiness, something that he rarely experienced in his line of work. Only when she was at his side did he feel this way. It was as though the world around them did not exist. The sheen of violence and chaos peeled away leaving only the two of them to be together. "If only we could stay like this forever. Forget the rest of the world and just live out the rest of our days in harmony." He spoke gently as she turned to him a light smile upon her face. "If only it was that easy. But to forsake our duties for our own sake. Would we truly be able to live in harmony with our sins looming over us?"

Tenkai smiled lightly and shook his head for only a moment acknowledging the truth she spoke in her words. "I know Retsu, but a man can dream can he not?" She smiled gently once again for it to only fade quickly this time as she gazed down to the ground. They both knew that one day, tomorrow, in a week, a month, or even years, one of them would fade away into time. It was the way the world that they lived in worked. Nothing could last forever, and in time that fact would be proven true. These hopes that could never be realized were sometimes the only thing keeping them from falling apart. The fact that they had each other, that was what they lived for. Opening his mouth to speak once more his words were stolen away as a knock resounded on his door. Turning to face it, Tenkai sighed gently as his gaze rested on his wife for a moment longer.

"I suppose our short time here has ran out, as splendid as it was." She nodded gently as he moved away from her side and made his way to the door. Gripping the handle he opened it slowly but was bewildered when there was no one at the door. He peered left and right and only when he heard two small voices beneath him did he realize who it was. "Daddy, Tsunkai got in trouble again. Uncle Hayashi came with me to tell you but I don't know where he went." Smiling gently Tenkai reached down and scooped up his daughter into his arms. Placing her on his shoulder he turned around to face Retsu again. "So uh, do you want to handle it this time or should I?" Laughing lightly, Retsu moved towards the pair and leaned in close to her daughter. "Well that depends on what he did this now doesn't it. So Amaya, what did your big brother do to get in trouble?"

The small childs eyes lit up like the fourth of july as she prepared to break out into a tangent the likes of which had never been seen before. "Well, well, you see, I was in the rukongai going to get some candy from the old man that is daddy's friend." "Do you mean Takahashi-sensei, Amaya?" "Yeah, yeah, old man Takahashi. I was going to get some candy and Tsunkai was going to come with me but he was still getting ready so I left without him. So then when I got there the old man wasn't home so I didn't know what to do. I sat and waited for a little while and a group of other kids started to come by." Tenkai's eyebrow slowly raised at the last sentence his daughter spoke. He and his wife's eyes met both knowing exactly where this story was going to end. "So what happened next Amaya, did you say hello to the other kids?"

She began to shake her head up and down as tears started to well up in her eyes. "I did, I did, but they were mean to me. They pointed at me and called me names. They told me I was a spoiled brat because I come from a noble family. They started to pull my hair and push me. They were a bunch of meany jerks." Tenkai could feel a little bit of anger well up in himself when he heard what had happened to his daughter. He knew well enough the animosity between many of the residents of the rukongai and the nobles. But still, they were only children, how could they be so cruel. "So then what happened next Amaya. How did your brother end up getting in trouble?" Retsu eyed Tenkai for a moment before looking back at their child. He knew that meant to cool down. The problem was already over there was no need to get angry.

He nodded ever so slightly as he continued listening to his daughters story. "Well, while they were being mean to me Tsunkai showed up and started hitting them. He told them to leave me alone and they got in a big fight. Tsunkai beat them up and they ran away. That was when the old man came home and had seen what happened. He told Tsunkai he did a good job for protecting me. Old man Takahashi brought us home after that and gave us both big bags of candy, see!!" Her face gleamed as she pulled out a rather large cloth sack filled to the brim with a variety of candies. Tenkai's eyes went wide and he laughed nervously looking at it. "Just make sure you don't eat too many of them sweetie. You don't need to be up all night wired on sugar." He and his wife glanced at each other nervously as they pictured both of their children bouncing of the walls from a sugar high.

"Don't worry I won't. I am gonna make it last a loooooooooooooong time." She smiled brightly as both of her parents let out a sigh of relief. That was one child taken care of at least. Hopefully their son wasn't at home stuffing his face with candy as they spoke. "Well that was a nice story Amaya. But you said that Tsunkai got in trouble, who did he get in trouble with?" As the question was asked the answer appeared in the doorway to his office as Tenkai and Retsu turned to face Hayashi. "That person would be me." Smirking slightly, Tenkai passed Amaya off to his wife before walking over to Hayashi. The two eyed each other up curiously before bursting into laughter and embracing one another. "Hayashi it's been a while, try not to be so scarce. I barely even see you at home anymore." "Well you know how it is, there's always something left to do." Tenkai nodded and smiled as the two ended their brotherly embrace.

Going back into serious mode, Tenkai glanced back at his child and wife and then returned to facing Hayashi. "So why did you yell at my boy? I am sure it wasn't for protecting your niece." Hayashi smiled lightly as he crossed his arms over his chest. "No, no, not at all. I would expect nothing different from him. After all, he is your son. Anywho, I scolded Tsunkai for letting little Amaya leave the estate on her own. You and I both know that what happened could have been much worse." Reality set in on the whole situation as the light comedy to it began to become rather grim. He knew exactly to what Hayashi was referring to and he was right. She was a young child of one of the four great noble houses. Anyone could have snatched her right up and demanded a ransom, or worse. He knew it would be better if perhaps they didn't leave the house unattended, but they were children. He couldn't take all of their freedom away.

Sighing, he nodded his head gently and looked at his brother. "You are right Hayashi, as usual. If you wouldn't mind, could you take Amaya home with you." As he said that Retsu gently glided past him heading out into the hallway. "I can take her home, I am heading back anyway. I am done for the day as far as work goes. You however...." She said as she glanced back at Tenkai with a smug expression upon her face. "...Still have more paperwork to finish. Have fun, Lieutenant." Tenkai's eyes went wide as he almost fell off of his feet. As gentle and loving as his wife was, he was more then aware of the fire inside of her. That right there, was a little bit of it jumping out, and boy did it burn. Sitting back down at his desk he looked back up at his brother. The man looked as though he was trying his very hardest not to laugh.

"Would you get the hell out of here, the show is over!!" "Aaaand that is my que to leave. Tenkai just be sure to get some ice." Tenkai looked back up at his brother with confusion washed over his face. "Ice for what?" Hayashi burst out laughing as he pumped out a quick one liner and dashing off before he felt Tenkai's wrath. "For that burn!!!" Tenkai jolted up from his desk and burst to the door of his office screaming down the hallway. "I know where you live you bastard!!!" With that Tenkai could hear his brothers laughter intensify further as it echoed throughout the halls of the barracks. Groaning loudly he slowly walked back to his desk and as he sat down the vivid memory he had recalled faded away.

He was back in his office, darkness had fallen, and he was alone. He sat, silent, without thought, staring into the darkness that was around him. The memories that he loved so deeply he hated as well. They reminded him of what he had lost, those he would never see again. So many friends that he had lost, so many faces he would never see again. Jyuushiro, Shunsui, Kenpachi, and of course the old man. Kaien Shiba was like a brother to him, lost long before his time. But the ones that he would never be able to shake, were his family. It was the reason he hated the quincy so much. Why he would slaughter every last one of them if it killed him. They took those that he loved the most from him. A single tear fell into the darkness as his head slowly descended onto his desk. "Retsu, Amaya, I am sorry that I couldn't save you. Please forgive me......"

SC: 158
Back to top Go down
Toshiro Orahara

Toshiro Orahara

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Appearing in the Squad 13 barracks Toshiro just looked around to see if there was anyone around still. Noticing members here and there he just had a feeling that there was someone still leading this squad as everyone was so organized. Stepping into the Captains office he looked around and saw a man standing there wearing the Captains coat. Getting a sigh of relief Toshiro walked over towards the captain and began to try and speak to him in a more polite manner than he would at anyone else. "Hello, I see you are still around these days. Good to know you survived that ordeal that we just went through with the Quincy unlike a few others."

Clearing his throat he just continued on with his dialogue after getting something out of his throat. "So how are you doing since it has been a while since you have appeared around everyone else?" Waiting for a response from the Captain, Toshiro just knew that he was about to change the status of the Soul Society by making this contact.

sc 8
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Head Roleplay Moderator
Tenkai Bushinji

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 5:59 pm

Tenkai quickly perked up as he sensed a presence approaching him, one he had not felt for quite some time. He could not figure out why he would show himself here, especially with what Tenkai had been planning for quite sometime. Perhaps he somehow found out about his plot and was going to attempt cutting him off at the pass. Standing up slowly the Captain Commander appeared before him. His power radiated outward without him even needing to release his reiatsu. This man, Toshiro Orahara, was the only person that Tenkai considered a a rival to his own strength. Though close together he would still rate his own abilities beyond that of Toshiro, but not by much. Regardless though, it seemed he was here to simply make small talk, for the time being at least. Tenkai would have to approach the situation carefully. Though he was almost ashamed of himself for being so suspicious of this man. He was not a villain, Tenkai just regarded his track record as not particularly of competence.

Sighing quietly under his breath, Tenkai forced a smile and bowed his head slightly as a show of respect to his superior. "Captain Commander, a pleasure to see you as always. Forgive me for my disappearances as of late, I have been quite distracted with matters of my family and my squad. I believe I may have missed your summons for a debriefing on the latest encounter with the Vandenreich. Though I am sure it was nothing more spectacular then they typically are." Smiling slightly, Tenkai listened as Toshiro asked him a question, one of which he had kind of already answered. "Well, like I had said I have been fairly busy with personal and squad matters. They typically take up most of my time, especially all of the various paperwork that comes through here." Shrugging, Tenkai turned and sat back down at his desk. Extending his arm he offered the Captain Commander a seat so as to not seem rude.

"What about yourself Toshiro, I have known you since you were a child, always the diligent one. As of late though you had fallen off the map for a while until the war started to pick up again." Tenkai folded his arms inside of his haori sleeves as he sat quietly in his chair waiting for a response from Toshiro.

SC: 24
Back to top Go down
Toshiro Orahara

Toshiro Orahara

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 7:58 pm

Watching Tenkai acknowledge his presence he stood there and listen to him talk about his activities as of late. All things he spoke about were good reasons to be absent from things that have been taking place. Getting the motion that he could take a seat, Toshiro sat down in a chair in front of Tenkai's desk getting comfortable in the spot he was given. "I can see you were busy, it wasn't anything big to really be there for. It was mostly for those who were present during the fighting and coming of new captains." Listening to him get asked a question Toshiro got interested quickly as it was more about where he was before the fighting.

"I was more or less frozen in a sheet of Ice that backfired on me during a battle. I managed to escape and reorganize everything down to this point. However there is still much to do. I am here to get your input on how things are with the new generation of Captains in and possibly a new way of life." Sitting there waiting for a response he just sat back in his chair and waited to see what Tenkai's input would be.

sc 7
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Head Roleplay Moderator
Tenkai Bushinji

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 3:04 am

Tenkai nodded quietly as he listened to Toshiro unveil his rather unexpected story. It was a fairly good reason for one to be incapacitated and not able to tend to their duties. Though, Tenkai actually pondered for a moment, what would being trapped in a sheet of like be like. Surely not particularly comfortable, and obviously cold. He wondered if one was completely unconscious, unaware of their surrounding world. Perhaps it was the opposite though, completely aware of all that happened around you. You became affixed to the spot you were frozen in, becoming part of the landscape with no escape presented. He shuddered at the thought of that being a reality that one could face. "Well Toshiro, I cannot particularly think of a better reason for one being incapacitated. Being frozen in a sheet of ice, hmm. That, pretty much takes the cake. As for the rest of your question though..."

Tenkai had to actually sit and think for a moment. He himself had only become a Captain three years ago. However, he had been a ranking member of the Gotei Thirteen for many, many years. He had served as the Lieutenant of Squad Seven for hundreds of years. Prior to that he had still been a high ranking Officer of the squad. He had always been involved in the politics and machinations of the Gotei Thirteen for as long as he had been alive. He had seen many people come and go and was close with many of the prior Captains. He recalled them all fondly, some more then others, a great deal more. But compared to this current generation of Captain, he was not sure. They were all so very young, though rather talented in their own rights. There were of course a few who stood out more then the others, Toshiro being the most prevalent case.

He was roughly four hundred years Tenkai's junior, though despite this his strength was astounding measuring close to even that of his own. He was what one could call a prodigy in every right. The others that one would typically name would be the Captains of Squads Three, Seven, and Eight. Uchiro Kamashi, Kali Joran, and Jinjako Hiroji, all very young, being roughly half the age of Toshiro himself, had all attained magnificent power. They were young and so very talented, able to grasp new concepts and excel quickly. Though, if pitted against the generation of Captains Tenkai had known, he did not believe that they would fare well. Their predecessors were seasoned veterans of combat, some serving as Captains for more years then some of the newer ones had even been alive. It was through all of this thought and recollection that Tenkai realized, he had his answer.

He smiled lightly at Toshiro as he answered the young mans question. "Toshiro, if I had to compare the current generation, your generation, to the previous Captains, none of you would stand a snowballs chance in hell." Tenkai laughed softly after speaking knowing his words may strike a chord, but he was not finished just yet. "However, one cannot compare one generation to another. They were much older, more experienced, and had seen countless wars." Standing up slowly, he turned to face the window behind him, looking out into the cool night air watching as the fireflies lit the night sky like stars. "You are all still so young and have yet to truly blossom and come into your full power. Most of you are still learning how to properly wield your Bankai. You have mastered the release but not its use." He turned back towards Toshiro, a smile blatantly lighting up his face.

"You have no need to compare yourself to your predecessors. You will all continue to mature and grow stronger and will become great Captains in your own time. For now though, you youngins' still got some catch up to play with us old fogeys." Tenkai laughed heartily after he spoke hoping his words were properly understood by the Captain Commander. The next generation would have their time to shine, but they still had to grow and learn more. They would all eventually form into a strong, proud, generation of Captains that the Gotei Thirteen would remember forever.

SC: 47
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Head Roleplay Moderator
Tenkai Bushinji

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:19 pm

It was somewhat fortunate, and unfortunate all the same, that Toshiro had showed himself when he did. Tenkai had already been planning for some time now to meet with the young Captain Commander. Beyond that fact alone, the question that Toshiro asked him made the situation all the more real before his eyes. He had resolved to become a villain and began these plans of his. He would become the villain that was needed to protect that which he loved. He had already seen too many people die, too many lives destroyed. Tenkai stood silent and looked upon the young shinigami before him, his hand twitching. He was talented in every right, and more then capable of a fighter. However, when it came to actually running the Gotei Thirteen, he was fairly indecisive. When push came to shove he made the call that was needed, but it took him too long to decide.

Things had to become a crisis before he would intervene. Granted, he had a good excuse for his absence during the latter part of the war. But he had been the Captain Commander for roughly two hundred years.It was unfortunate he had proved an ineffectual leader, he showed great promise. His potential though, was something he still had yet to grow into. Over time he would become a good leader and an even better warrior. For now though, the Seireitei needed someone who would lead with decisiveness. Someone, who when looked to for an answer, had an answer to give. Not only that, but a course of action, plans, and orders. Someone who was truly a leader and could guide an entire civilization seamlessly. Tenkai was certainly no god, but he did believe himself fit for the job. Yamamoto was the first Captain Commander and held the Gotei Thirteen together for over a thousand years and did a marvelous job.

In that moment a single sentence came to mind that the Captain Commander had spoken. It was three hundred years ago that it was said but still to this day did he remember it. "Toshiro, we have known one another for a long time. Not as your subordinate, not as your elder, but as your friend.... I hope you can forgive me for what I am about to do." Tenkai's right hand drew close to his waist as he reached across to his left hip. His fingers found their way slowly to the hilt of his zanpaktou. Gripping it tightly in his hand he ripped it from its sheath quickly enough one would not even see the movement. "I remember a day, three hundred years ago in Karakura Town. There, a great man took his stand and was prepared to lay down his life. No, the lives of every single shinigami there to destroy a great evil that still to this day is alive."

Tilting his head down slightly, he hid his face from view. He knew that what he was about to do had to be done. Regardless, it was a grave sin he was about to perform, one that he would carry for the rest of his days. He could not look Toshiro in the eyes. Not lest he think of the child he knew all those years ago. With a flick of his wrist, Tenkai raised his blade and pointed it towards Toshiro's chest. The point was aimed dead at his heart, the blade making his intentions obvious. His heart and mind steeled for what he was about to do, Tenkai finished speaking, knowing this could be the last time the two could exchange words. "Genryuusai Shigekuni Yamamoto was the greatest shinigami that has ever lived. On that day he spoke a single sentence that I still remember. Why do you think I have been the Captain Commander for a thousand years. Because no shinigami in that time has been born stronger then me."

Slowly moving his right shoulder and arm back, Tenkai poised himself to strike. His blade pointed out alongside his body as if an extension of himself. His body was still, not a single hair twitched on his person. It was as if he was dead, no longer even registering anything around him. Though despite how lifeless his body seemed, every fiber of his being was alive and standing on edge. Sighing lightly, Tenkai's body softened, dropping from his combat stance. 'One more time' He said silently within his mind as his head slowly turned up. His eyes locked with Toshiro's and a slime washed over the old Captain. "Toshiro, I cannot compare myself to Yamamoto, no one can. But I am sure you understand what those words are meant to be. They are the purpose and reason that I have found myself here today in this situation. I hope you can forgive me Toshiro. At least that way one of us can forgive me."

Tenkai quickly dropped back into his combat stance and drew his blade in close. Roaring loudly into the night sky his reiatsu surged wildly as he lunged forward. His blade was aimed to pierce Toshiro straight through the heart. It was meant to kill quickly and give the young shinigami no pain. As he lunged at him he uttered two short words under his breath. "Hitotsume: Nadegiri". He hoped that it was all going to be over in one swift strike. But Toshiro was the strongest of his generation. He would not go quietly into the night. He would give it his all if he thought ht was going to die. He would aim to kill, just as Tenkai was going to.

SC: 81

Combat Info:
Back to top Go down
Sansuka Setsune
Tests and Ranks Moderator
Sansuka Setsune

Race : Shinigami
Class : Genius
Reiatsu : 121000
Strength : 72
Stamina : 84
Speed : 182
Reiryoku : 250
Perception : 182
Reiryoku Speed : 236

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 12:19 am

Clack. repeated clacking just echoed through the Seireitei. A gentle, simple, almost leisurely walk cut short. The feelings of a Reiatsu that was far beyond most people's ability. Ah, but it felt so, familiar and almost warm. Warm? Ah, but of course. If not him than who else could be the cause? The clacking quickly changed it's direction and headed towards the source of the Reiatsu. Well, slowly anyway. What ever was happening didn't feel like it really needed this being's attention. Why would it? The owner of that Reiatsu could easily take care of themselves. Then again, so could a lot of other people. The strolling became a more leisurely walk as the clacking finally ceased.

A door. A giant door? Ah yes, the Barrack's door. Why bother knocking? The being that owned the clacking would simply open the door and meander across the barracks towards where he sensed the, anomaly of Reiatsu. Clack clack once more as the brown haired figure finally appeared several yards away. Far enough to get a view and far enough to, perhaps not be noticed. He'd manage to spring himself high into the air so he'd avoid being hit by any stray, well, anything really. Knowing the signature of the first Reiatsu, it was easy to know that shit could get easily real, real fast. The brown haired figure began to take a seat. His legs would collapse in on themselves forming a sort of cross-legged sitting position. He didn't know what happened and didn't pay attention to his surroundings all that much. What he did do now, was pay attention to what ever happened next. Of course, his Reiatsu would be somewhat normalized, so he wouldn't be spewing out his reiatsu but he'd provide enough so that any events that transpire wouldn't effect him as they would most others. By now, he figured that the whole of the Barracks were on their knees though if they were still around.

The brown haired figure would lay his elegant looking brown shikomizue, or almost elegant cane, upon his lap as he stares at the ensuing things to happen. What intrigue crossed the figure's face as the men below seemed to be, almost fighting. Was it a spar? Well, the figure didn't really know as it was known that the man who owned the sizable Reiatsu was nearly infamous for sparing as he did normal fighting. Only time would tell. And that time, was nearing an end.

36/36/36
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Head Roleplay Moderator
Tenkai Bushinji

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 2:50 am

The moments felt like years as they passed in Tenkai's eyes. It was all in slow motion to him, all that transpired. His blade had sunk into the chest of the now former Captain Commander. The young soul that stood before him was no longer as his body slumped forward. His corpse leaned forward onto Tenkai, his body losing its warmth quickly. Tenkai dropped his blade as he caught the young shinigami and lowered him to the ground. He knelt down, resting the young mans head lightly on the ground as he set his hand upon his face. His fingers grazed lightly over his eyelids, shutting them gently as his spirit left their realm. In a magnificent display of ascension and rebirth, Toshiro's soul dissipated into spirit particles and returned to the World of the Living. His soul would go to inhabit the body of a newly born human, being reborn into the world.

That was how their world worked, how life was truly made. No souls were produced, all were essentially recycled. Those who had died would live again. Those who lived would die, and live again in the afterlife. There was no true end, just a reciprocal timeline in which you ceaselessly existed. It was beautiful, but at the same time so horrible. For those who were reborn into the World of the Living would have no recollection of their past lives. They were essentially a brand new person, despite having lived for multiple life times. But perhaps one day, When Toshiro's physically body ceased to go on, he would return. Perhaps he would once again become a shinigami and rise through the ranks as he did. Perhaps in a few hundred years time the two of them would meet again and by the reborn shinigami's blade he would take his post back from Tenkai.

Though it would mean the end of his own life, Tenkai began to hope for such an end. He would have no qualm of reservations about dying in such a way. It actually brought a type of peace upon him to know that such a cycle could possibly happen. Though the odds of such a thing occurring were astronomical, it was still a possibility. It was one that Tenkai would now carry with him for the rest of his days, always in the back of his mind. But for now there were other things to attend to. The Captain Commander was dead, and with that, a new one was appointed. Tenkai was now the Captain Commander of the Gotei Thirteen. There were those who would need leadership in this time, his leadership. There would of course be those who would have reservations about the way this had proceeded as well. He had killed their leader, and to them they could not understand what had transpired.

Though he had killed Toshiro, he would like to think that his soul could rest easy. He knew that with his passing he was leaving someone in charge who was capable of leading the way in his stead. Someone who would still be there to support to Seireitei, and the Soul Society. Tenkai was strong, and strong willed. A talented leader in every right with a personal prowess that could easily match it. He had no problem playing the villain for now. In time all would see that what he did was for the better of the Soul Society. They needed this whether they knew it or not. It was not his job though to make them see this for what it was. It was his job to lead them whether they liked it or not. He was not their friend, he was their leader, and he would govern them as such. For such a job he had already prepared his first order of business as well.

He would need to gather the Captains and brief them all on what had transpired and how things were going to now be. They needed to understand that, while he could understand their reservations, he was still the Captain Commander now. They could voice any concerns or complaints that they had openly during the meeting. Though any insubordination would still be treated as such. They were a military, things changed, leaders changed. Ones personal feelings should not be allowed to get in the way of that which is better for the whole. Sighing lightly, Tenkai slightly lamented the course he was about to take. He knew that hardships that were going to be in front of him. This was especially true due to the method he had seized his position. But he had fully understood that when he started himself on this path. He would continue forward and bear his sins upon his back.

Raising his hand lightly into the eye a hell butterfly was summoned by him. He was going to deliver a message to all Captains and acting Captains of the Gotei Thirteen. They were all to gather in the Captains hall within three days time. Anyone who did not show up within that time would be labeled AWOL. Those that were labeled as such would be treated as fugitives and would be tracked down. What happened once they were found was beyond him, but it would be dealt with once it happened. Certainly, it was a rather drastic course to take. It was however a necessary evil to establish a baseline of power for his new rule. They needed to know that they were still Captains, the leaders of the Gotei Thirteen. They had duties to attend to and were bound to them. Those that abandoned their duties were treated as criminals. That had always been the way of the Gotei Thirteen.

Reaching up into the air Tenkai sent the butterfly off to relay the message to the executive members of the other squads. After doing so he would vanish himself, a blur into the night sky. He was going to head to the Captains hall and await those who would arrive. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew that things were not going to turn out how he would hope they would. But then again, when in the history of the Soul Society had things ever gone according to plan. He knew at least though one Captain would show up for sure. One who was close to him, physically and emotionally. He could sense him nearby even now as he moved through the chilly night air. He was sure that the man would be close behind him as he received the message, perhaps even before then.

[Exit]

SC: 78
Back to top Go down
Sansuka Setsune
Tests and Ranks Moderator
Sansuka Setsune

Race : Shinigami
Class : Genius
Reiatsu : 121000
Strength : 72
Stamina : 84
Speed : 182
Reiryoku : 250
Perception : 182
Reiryoku Speed : 236

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 3:26 am

The figure watched what had just transpired. He said nothing. Simply sat there, gazing at the particles as they drifted off into the air. So this is the course he took. Standing upright, the figure would lean on his cane for a minute simply staring at the place where Toshiro had passed. It was odd, to see a man such as that snuffed out in mere seconds. But perhaps it was needed. What ever it was that Tenkai had planned, it was surely needed. The figure would shake his head as he spoke outwards. "I wonder if this is the correct course of action Tenkai." He had said, knowing full well that Tenkai was well out of range to be heard. As he spoke, he felt the signatures of three Captain level shinigami disappear in a fashion that felt like entering a Senkaimon. How interesting.

Almost lazily, the figure's right hand reached around to unsheath his blade as a voice suddenly rang out. "He did it for the Soul Society. But you already knew that, didn't you?" The figure wouldn't speak yet as he plunged his blade deep into the air. Like the clicking of a key into a lock, two doors would appear and slide outwards to reveal a sort of waiting room area. Just before the figure stepped forward it spoke out. "I know. And he knows I'll follow him. I just want to see where these Captains ran off to first." The figure would enter into the senkaimon and disappear form sight through a blinding white light.

23 SC/59 SC Total

{{EXIT-WoTL: https://bleachburningworlds.rpg-board.net/t203-a-dying-breath-to-take-a-new-step#695 }}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recollections Of A Shattered Past   Recollections Of A Shattered Past Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recollections Of A Shattered Past
Page 1 of 1